I'm "hearing" dinotefuran works better than imidacloprid as a soil drench (I suspect they "hose" the trunk and foliage and the the soil as well.....goodbye lady beetles!).

After my work on sago scale, Organocide is not something I'd ever recommend, maybe if you'd like to attract racoons or cats? Sticky residue & stinks worse than Orthene.

Usually, red date scale was worse on palms in lanais or shady areas, where the palms weren't real "happy".

Susan is the reclinata in a sunny or shady area?

"Helping you beautify your landscape and protect the environment!"
Doug
Doug Caldwell, Ph.D.
University of Florida

Collier Co. Extension