Dear WI Faculty, students and friends:

The Water Institute Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series consists of high profile scholars who are invited to visit the UF campus on a monthly basis.  Visits are composed of a general Water Institute Seminar; a meeting with the Water Institute Faculty Advisory Committee to discuss Water Institute programs and directions; and meetings with interested Water Institute affiliated faculty, students and external stakeholders to discuss future strategic initiatives and partnerships. Travel and a $500 honorarium are offered to each speaker.  You can find the list of speakers who have participated in our Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series to date at http://waterinstitute.ufl.edu/seminars/seminars.asp<http://waterinstitute.ufl.edu/events/seminars.html>.

Experience has shown that the seminars work best when an interdisciplinary group of faculty has a strong interest in hosting the speaker and is active in ensuring student  and external stakeholder engagement.  We would appreciate your nominations for the 2010-11 Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series.  We are seeking themes and speakers who will address current water issues and will be of interest to multiple Departments, Institutes, and groups on and off campus.

 Please email me by Friday June 10th with:

1.     A brief description of types of themes or topic areas that are desirable.

2.     Specific speakers that that you, and your Department/Interdisciplinary Group would be interested co-hosting.

3.     Particular dates that may be preferred for any speakers you nominate (see dates below)

The 2011-2012  WI Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series  are typically held on  first  or second  Thursday of  each  month from 3-5pm.  We  are targeting the following dates and times.

Thursday, September  9 , 2010
Thursday, October  6 , 2010
Thursday, November  3 , 2010
Thursday, December  8 , 2010

Thursday, January 1 2 , 2011
Thursday, February  16 , 2011
Thursday, March  15 , 2011
Thursday, April  12 , 2011

Thanks

Wendy

Wendy Graham, Ph. D.
Director UF Water Institute
PO Box 116601
University of Florida
Gainesville, Florida 32611-6601
Phone 352-392-5893 x 2113
Email  [log in to unmask]<blocked::mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://waterinstitute.ufl.edu<blocked::http://www.waterinstitute.ufl.edu/>