Dear WI Faculty, students and friends:

The Water Institute Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series consists of high profile scholars who are invited to visit the UF campus on a monthly basis.  Visits are composed of a general Water Institute Seminar; a meeting with the Water Institute Faculty Advisory Committee to discuss Water Institute programs and directions; and meetings with interested Water Institute affiliated faculty, students and external stakeholders to discuss future strategic initiatives and partnerships. Travel and a $500 honorarium are offered to each speaker.  You can find the list of speakers who have participated in our Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series to date at http://waterinstitute.ufl.edu/seminars/seminars.asp

Experience has shown that the seminars work best when an interdisciplinary group of faculty has a strong interest in hosting the speaker and is active in ensuring student  and external stakeholder engagement.  We would appreciate your nominations for the 2010-11 Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series.  We are seeking themes and speakers who will address current water issues and will be of interest to multiple Departments, Institutes, and groups on and off campus.

 Please email me by Friday June 10th with

1.     brief description of types of themes or topic areas that are desirable.

2.     Specific speakers that that you, and your Department/Interdisciplinary Group would be interested co-hosting.

3.     Particular dates that may be preferred for any speakers you nominate (see dates below)

The 2011-201 WI Distinguished Scholar Seminar Series  are typically held on  first  or second  Thursday of  each  month from 3-5pm.  We  are targeting the following dates and times

Thursday, September  9 , 2010

Thursday, October  6 , 2010

Thursday, November  3 , 2010

Thursday, December  8 , 2010