County gears up for online wills, probate records, Tuesday, June 07,
2011, By Tim Grant, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Within a few months, Allegheny County court officials plan to unveil a
search engine to allow the public to access wills and probate records by
computer. It will complete the last piece of the Department of Court
Records that is not online.

"We believe in transparent government," said Eric Feder, deputy director
of the Department of Court Records. "The more access the public has to
government records, the better off we all are. It's our philosophy of
how government is supposed to work."

Read more:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11158/1151807-28.stm#ixzz1OaWcRnTN
<http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11158/1151807-28.stm#ixzz1OaWcRnTN>