I picked up 10 species today for my Collier County June Challenge,
bringing the total to 89 species. It's getting harder to find anything
new to add! I went to Tigertail Beach/Marco Island and had the
following: Burrowing Owl (x4), American Oystercatcher (x1), Roseate
Spoonbill (x5), Red Knot (x3), Black-bellied Plover (x3), Semipalmated
Plover (x5), Wilson's Plover (x4), Sanderling (x6), Short-billed
Dowitcher (x11) & Black Skimmer (x550). The latter is part of a huge
breeding colony along with half as many Least Terns also a breeding
colony. Both colonies busy feeding young. Tomorrow it's Corkscrew
Swamp Sanctuary in hopes of finding Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Yellow-
billed Cuckoo, White-eyed Vireo, Carolina Wren, Brown-headed Nuthatch
& Northern Parula. Also possible before the end of the month: Brown
Thrasher, Northern Flicker, Northern Bobwhite, Yellow-crowned Night-
Heron & Brown-headed Cowbird among others, taking my total over 100
species -- my target. . . .

Vince

Vincent P. Lucas
Naples, FL