Hey everyone,
June Challenge took me to Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground to search for two yellow-throated passerines (vireo and warbler) that had so far eluded me.  Got 'em both this morning, plus I lucked out with a beautiful, pink Roseate Spoonbill flying over Bay Lake!  With the White-Winged Dove that I got last night driving a baby raccoon to a local rehabber (long story!), that brings my June Challenge for Orange County to 96 species!  The day's morning's complete list is as follows:
MallardBrown Pelican (only 1, compared to over two dozen about five weeks ago)Double-Crested CormorantAnhingaGreat Blue HeronGreat EgretSnowy EgretLittle Blue HeronTricolored HeronCattle EgretWhite IbisRoseate Spoonbill (1)Black VultureTurkey VultureOspreyRed-Shouldered HawkCommon MoorhenLimpkin (1)Mourning DoveRuby-Throated HummingbirdRed-Bellied WoodpeckerDowny WoodpeckerPileated WoodpeckerGreat Crested FlycatcherYellow-Throated VireoBlue JayFish CrowTufted TitmouseCarolina WrenBlue-Gray GnatcatcherNorthern MockingbirdBrown ThrasherNorthern ParulaYellow-Throated WarblerPine WarblerSummer TanangerNorthern CardinalRed-Winged BlackbirdCommon GrackleBoat-Tailed GrackleHouse Sparrow
Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground is located on Disney property, closest to the Magic Kingdom theme park, in southwestern Orange County.
Good birding,
John ThomtonOrlando, Orange Co.