Working sure gets in the way of birding!  Last year my hubby and I did the June challenge in Polk County (our home county), and came up with a (not exciting, but) respectable 79 species.  So this year we decided to try Osceola County - for a change of scenery.  Little did I expect all the cool visitors to my Polk County pond that I've had this month - but anyhow... Osceola County it was.  Unfortunately the 14 hour days and no weekends off I've been pulling for the last 8 weeks have done little to allow me the time for muli-hour runs over to Osceola County (given the roads between the two are few and far between).  But so far we have managed a couple, and given that I do commute through Osceola County every morning, I've pulled in a few sightings just on my commute.  Nothing of major excitement.  So far the "best bird" I've gotten was at my favorite Osceola County location that IS nearby - that being Southport Road to the south side of Lake Toho.  My hubby and I drove down there on an early morning (on our way - a little out of the way - to breakfast).  I had the windows down, and all of a sudden heard someone (feathery) saying "Bob White"!  I yelled "STOP!", and 50 feet down the road, hubby finally did.  So as we were backing up, visions of an empty field flashing in my head, I got a glimpse of them - two of them at the side of the road.  Number 60 for the count.  61 was a House Sparrow at Perkins on the corner of Poinciana and 192 - and there I'm stuck.  Until work allows me another hour somewhere to go birding.  Fifteen days left...

Jean Williams
Poinciana, FL

Sent from my iPhone