From: South Central Green Team Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Barber,Lynn A [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: water, soap insecticide combination

Stephen, Interesting question.  We were told we can't provide information like this to clients for a mixture/product that does not contain a label.

That said, the proportion is 2-3 tablespoons of liquid oil, 2-3 tablespoons of liquid dishwashing detergent (not one that contains a degreaser which can burn the leaves of the plant) and 1 gallon of water.  (I always use Dawn regardless and it has not burned the leaves on my plants.)

Hope this helps.  Thanks.

Lynn Barber

Florida-Friendly Landscaping Agent

University of Florida/IFAS - Hillsborough County Extension Service

813-744-5519 x 105

[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!