This morning, 7/11, I stopped for a quick walk through the Lake Woodruff
NWR in DeLeon Springs, Volusia County. I was in search of a Louisiana
Waterthrush and was not disappointed. I found a single bird working the
edges of the swamp along the main road into the refuge. There was also a
lot of general resident bird activity including White-eyed,
Yellow-throated and Red-eyed Vireos, 5-6 Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds,
Carolina Chickadees, Parula Warblers, lots of Tufted Titmice and a
Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

I also stopped off at the Mud Bog near Bunnell in Flagler County where
there were two early Solitary Sandpipers. In addition, there were Lesser
and Greater Yellowlegs, a Short-billed Dowitcher, single Western and
Semipalmated Sandpipers and about 10 Least Sandpipers.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet