Subject:  Kites in the Brooksville area. (FL birdPIX)
Hi all:
John Herline
& I drove up to the Brooksville area to look for and photograph the Kites
that have been reported there several times during the last week or so.  We found both the Mississippi &
Swallow-tailed Kites.  We were in the
area from mid-morning until noon for about an hour and a half. This area is in
the vicinity of Powerline Rd. & Lockhart Rd.  We were not disappointed.  We found at least a half dozen or so MIKI and
couple dozen or more STKI.
In the areas
along the road I heard a Blue Grosbeak singing but did not see the bird.  At one point a Red-headed Woodpecker flew
across the road.  Eastern Bluebirds were
at a nest box. An American Kestrel was on the lines along Powerline Rd.
We did not
have enough time to check out the location for the Burrowing Owls, Snail Kites
–besides I have several good pix of these guys from other locations in FL.
Mississippi
Kite • 070911 • Powerline Rd., Brooksville, Hernando Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/5920772288/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/5920632842/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/5920632810/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/5920632764/in/photostream
Swallow-tailed
Kite • 070911 • Powerline Rd. - Brooksville, Hernando Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/5920069857/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/5920069883/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/5920069835/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/5920069789/in/photostream