Today, 7/21, I did a quick run over to Disappearing Island in Ponce de
Leon Inlet, Volusia County to look at the shorebirds.  There has been a
significant increase in shorebird activity. I found 4 Piping Plovers, 45
Wilson's Plovers, 20 Semipalmated Plovers, 15 Black-bellied Plovers,
150+ Ruddy Turnstones, 40 Sanderlings, 20 Western Sandpipers, 15
Semipalmated Sandpipers, 10 Least Sandpipers, 25 Willets, 2 Greater
Yellowlegs, 4 Short-billed Dowitchers, 1 Marbled Godwit, 1 Pectoral
Sandpiper, 1 Spotted Sandpiper, 40 Royal Terns, 20 Sandwich Terns, 4
Common Terns, 75 Least Terns, 2 Caspian Terns, 100 Laughing Gulls and 4
Great Black-backed Gulls.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center