This morning I headed down to the Shiloh Marshes to look for shorebirds.
There was so much water that there were virtually no shorebirds there or
along Biolab Road. The strong winds out of the northeast from the
tropical storm over the Bahamas enticed me to go to Playalinda Beach in
Canaveral National Seashore to look for any pelagic birds driven in to
shore.

The winds were not strong enough to be very productive, but I did find
one Cory's Shearwater flying in the troughs of the waves. I drove around
to Peacock's Pocket and found either 2 or 3 "Great White" Herons that
had been reported earlier, about 6 Black Terns, and two male Lesser
Scaup.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center