I agree with Elaine--in fact, the NCLCA Summer Institute was my first
immersion into the discipline--by trade I'm an English Professor/Writing
Center Director. But, through the Institute, I was able to create a
foundation that has been invaluable. By the way, I'm in the process of
looking for a publisher for a book on learning centers, most specifically
about the role of "play" and creativity in learning center environments.
Best,
Diana