From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Craig, Alan
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CNN Article: Ohio man says 'bypassing' college a mistake

An interesting article on the CNN website: Ohio man says 'bypassing' college a mistake

When we see so many negative articles in the press about developmental education, this is a nice counterpoint.  A couple of passages from the article:

He had to take additional classes beyond the core curriculum to make up for the lack of college prep classes he missed taking in high school. Despite the extra workload, he graduated with honors in June of 2011.

"When I was in high school, I was told that I was not 'college material,'" he said. "Yet, I discovered later in life, that wasn't true."

See the full article at

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/28/return.to.school.sinclair.college/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

Alan Craig

NCLCA, Immediate Past President

Interim Director, GPC Learning & Tutoring Centers Georgia Perimeter College
770-274-5242