From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Reid, Joshua
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 8:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recommendations for Student-Centered Learning Texts

Dear List:

One of my faculty members here is looking for recommendations for books written for a student audience that would provide concrete tips and strategies to help students learn in college based on sound research on learning theories, brain science, education, and/or Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL).  What are your favorites?  Thanks so much.

Best,

Josh Reid