We NEED luck, believe me!

Shevawn Eaton, Ph.D.
Director, ACCESS/ESP
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
PH: (815) 753-0581
www.tutoring.niu.edu

FAX: (815) 753-4115

>>> Carole Basak <[log in to unmask]> 8/19/2011 2:56 PM >>>
Shevawn,
We occasionally tutor upper level courses. If there is a request, we first speak with the professor to determine if tutoring is appropriate. Professors usually prefer that most students work with them. If the professor believes a student would benefit from peer tutoring and can suggest someone, we will hire. Since we only use peer tutors, we can not always fill these requests. Sometimes one of our current tutors is in the class and the professor feels comfortable allowing that person to tutor because they are doing well. This has worked for us many times and the professors have been happy with the results.

Good luck; it is a challenge.

Carole Basak, Associate Director
Academic Support Services
211 Todd Wehr Hall