My vote is for some type of counseling/psychology minor!

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Strackeljahn, Andrea Michelle
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Plan of Study advice

Hello all!
I am hoping to gain some insight from you all on your education and
preparation for your careers.  I am currently pursing a Learning Sciences
degree in hopes to work in a college learning center (my more lofty goal is
to run a learning center) and I am trying to decide what my minor should be.
 What sort of knowledge do you wish you had or were glad you had in your
positions?
I am thinking Special Education would be good as I may end up working with
ADA accommodations.  Also I am toying with Instructional Systems Technology,
Higher Education, or Cognitive Science (outside of the Education School).  I
am also open to other suggestions for minors in side a typical college of
education or even outside.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
 Thank you all in advance for your insights.
Sincerely,
Andi Strackeljahn

--
Andrea Strackeljahn
IU Learning Sciences Program - CRLT: 21st Century Assessment