From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Suzanne Robertshaw [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 12:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Numbers and Percentages of Students Served in Student & Academic Service Centers

Thanks for the powerpoint, Laurie (and Karin)!

Great data, especially as colleges shuffle services in and out of campus units.  Our content tutoring and writing center programs have been housed with supplemental academic advisors and disability services for years, but now we are on separate floors.  Our writing center has always been outside of the English department, since we serve students across the curriculum.  But now I'm hoping that we'll eventually be located within the library so that we can collaborate more easily with the reference librarians, and utilize the larger spaces in our peak times.

Susie
Suzanne Robertshaw, Tutoring and Writing Coordinator
Johnson Student Resource Center (TJ's)
Rollins College   1000 Holt Ave. 2613
Winter Park, FL  32789   USA
(office) 407 646-2652   (fax) 407 646-2245
http://r-net.rollins.edu/twc
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality." ~the Dalai Lama
"Listen or thy tongue will keep thee deaf." ~Native American Indian proverb
"Good writing is clear thinking made visible." ~Bill Wheeler