From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of FLC [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 3:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Doctoral Programs in Learning/Academic Support

Hi! I need to jump in here to let you all know that Grambling State
University had a great doctoral program for learning center directors and
staff under the direction of the late Dr. Bill White.
I was fortunate to being an instructor in its online program teaching the
following courses: DEED 607/ Introduction to Learning Centers and
Deed605/Teaching and Facilitating Study Strategies. If there are any former
students of these two courses, you may want to comment on them.
If you are interested in seeing the syllabus for Deed 607, go to LSCHE at
http://www.lsche.net/resources/DEED607.htm.
I regret that I am no longer teaching those courses which I thoroughly
enjoyed although if it were offered I would be interested in teaching them
again. Collegially....

Frank Christ
LSCHE Content Editor
www.lsche.net
"Faculty are moving forward, technologies are improving, and student demand
is increasing -- but few changes are taking place in the university
structure as a whole to accommodate the special needs of the
distance-learning student." Richard Bothel, dean of continuing education and
distance learning Lamar University, formerly at Troy State University.