From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christel A Taylor
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: training resources for peer tutors

I am brand new in my position and have limited resources at the moment. We have a staff of about ten professional tutors, and I've been asked to add peer tutoring into the mix. Although this has been done on a limited basis in the past, I'd like to put something solid into place to add to the ways we can support our students.

What I am hoping is that someone can share with me some training guidelines or materials to use with new peer tutors. It is hard to tell what we have, as I moved into a space filled with most of our resources in boxes, awaiting a move to a great new space in two weeks.

I would appreciate any suggestions or links.

Thanks,

Chris

Christel Taylor
Coordinator, Academic Resource Center