This morning, 8/22, I headed over to the Lake Woodruff NWR in DeLeon
Springs, Volusia County.  I found some minor migrant activity in two
mixed flocks of Tufted Titmice. One group had Red-eyed Vireo, White-eyed
Vireo, and Parula Wabler with the Titmice. The other group had a female
Cerulean Warbler working the top of a cypress tree with the Titmice.
There was also a Louisiana Waterthrush searching the base of the trees
in the flooded swamp. I could also hear what sounded like a Northern
Waterthrush in the distance, as well as a Yellow-throated Vireo. A good
number of about 20 Swallow-tailed Kites were in the distance coming from
their evening roost.

I then went over to the Mud Bog and the sod fields in Flagler County,
off rt 100 about 7 miles west of Bunnell. The Mud Bog has continued to
dry out and there is less and less mud. The drying pools attracted a
large group of Wood Storks, Roseate Spoonbills, White Ibis and various
egrets and herons. The shorebirds were not as diverse as last week, but
the numbers of Pectoral Sandpipers was much higher -- I counted 108 in
this little area about 200 yards x 200 yards. There were also lots of
Least Sandpipers, 20+ Semipalmated Sandpipers, 2 Western Sandpipers, 3
Solitary Sandpipers, 2 Spotted Sandpipers, one Semipalmated Plover,
loads of Killdeer, and one Short-billed Dowitcher. Lastly, I checked the
sod fields again and found a lone Upland Sandpiper on the sod field on
the east side of rt 305, about 1/4 south of rt 100.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL