This afternoon, I drove over to the sod farms and Mud Bog in Flagler
County. I first stopped at the Mud Bog, about 7.5 miles west of Bunnell
on Rt 100. The water is rapidly going down in the area, but there was
still a good amount of shorebird activity. The best bird was a Wilson's
Phalarope, but there were also:

Pectoral Sandpipers  15+
Least Sandpipers  25+
Semipalmated Sandpipers 15+
Short-billed Dowitchers  4
Stilt Sandpiper   1
Solitary Sandpiper  1
Western Sandpiper  2
Semipalmated Plover 1
Killdeer  45
Black-bellied Plover 21

I also found the Upland Sandpiper in the same sod field on the left on
rt 305 about 1/2 mile south of rt 100.  I continued about 10 more miles
on rt 305, past the intersection with rt 304, to a plowed field on the
left, about 1/2 mile past rt 304. I found a Buff-breasted Sandpiper
feeding on this field with lots of Killdeer. In addition, I had two
Northern Harriers fly across this field heading south.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet