We've had a hectic year at Hal Scott. Our Red-cockaded Woodpeckers
 have moved around so much it's hard to keep up with them. We had 2
 miracle babies too. One was so small at banding it had very little
 success of surviving. Plus it's parents were from the same father. So to
 my surprise it made it! Then we had one Colony that had 3 nestings
 this year. The first 2 were not successful, but the third was! Due to the
 drought food was in sort supply. The last bird nested in July, and
 fledged in August!
   I checked for migrants while I was out at Hal Scott on Monday, but
 only heard a Waterthrush in the Cyprus Hammmock, where we had the
Hammond's Flycatcher the one year. Water is now high, but it's a
 welcome sight after the bad drought.
   I've checked the Merritt Island NWR for shore birds, but high water
 levels leave few places for them to feed. Just a few peeps on the
 grasslines of Mosquito Lagoon, and some Yellow-legs... www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/6070782482 www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/6038785756  www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/6070873488  Danny BalesTitusville, [log in to unmask]