I posted earlier about the Buff-breasted Sandpipers at Huguenot Park; Richard and Joan Becker were able to join me a little later to observe them, along with a good mix of birds this evening. The tide was all the way out when I arrived and came in quickly, reaching the dunes around 7PM.

Along with the Buff-breasted (which I estimate 2 loose flocks consisting of ~18 individuals), I also had a small flock of 6-8 Pectoral Sandpipers. Both species are very uncommon for the park, and were foraging on the mudflats in the lagoon.

Other notables, including 8 species of terns:

- Least, Sandwich, Gull-billed (1), Black (4), Royal, Common, Forsters, Caspian
- 5 Reddish Egret
- 3 American Oystercatchers (2 adults with 1 juvenile)
- 5 Marbled Godwit
- 7 Red Knot (all unbanded)
- 1 Great white Heron
- 1 Piping Plover