I've been getting a lot of response to the ID's of these birds... the bird on the left is a Stilt Sandpiper, the bird in the middle is a Stilt Sandpiper, and the bird on the right is a Lesser Yellowleg.. I've learned a lot from these birds. When I saw the bird in the middle it appeared to be as large as the Lesser Yellowleg. A Stilt Sandpiper is 8 1/2 inches, and a Lesser Yellowleg is 10 1/2 inches. I couldn't figure out what sandpiper was as large as a Lesser Yellowleg. I figured out that the reason the middle Stilt looked so large to the others is that the left Stilt and the Lesser Yellowleg are standing in the water. The middle Stilt is not. This created sort of an optical illusion. I was told that you can't go by the size of these birds all the time. I appreciate all the help. What a lesson in these shorebirds. Thanks to all!

Danny Bales
Titusville, Fla.