The Whimbrel-tracking project sponsors will soon issue a news release
concerning today's developments.  I would urge members interested in this
event and wishing to express their concerns to await this official release.
The project sponsors have shorebird conservation associates in French Guiana
and they do not wish to jeopardize their status and important work there.
Consequently, there may soon be a collective and coordinated response to
this unfortunate event.  As soon as the news release is issued, I will
consult with Barbara regarding its posting (or a website reference) on this
listserve.

Thanks,

Patrick Leary, Fernandina Beach, Nassau County