Around 1100 this morning I had a calling Willow
Flycatcher on the road to Hog Pen Landing (FR
241) on the north side of Ocean Pond. The bird
was near what's left of the creek and is a new county
bird. Dense smoke seems to be limiting migrants and
shifts with the breeze blanketing much of Osceola NF.
There was also a Northern Waterthrush at Middle Prong
and a Summer Tanager in my yard. A flock of about 45
Blue-winged Teal was on Ocean Pond. The Black
Terns are gone but were present from the 8th
till the 10th with 10 birds present on the 10th.
There have also been YB Cuckoos up the wazoo
and all over the place.

At the "Twin Ponds" on SR 2 in Bethea SF 3 Pectoral
and 2 Solitary Sandpipers were present this afternoon.

Bob Richter
Baker County

http://www.pbase.com/Bob_Richter