Hi all,

I spent the afternoon birding Pinecraft Park in Sarasota today with Nancy
Edmondson, Jeanne Dubi, John Ginaven, and Edith Miller. We found some very
nice birds, including ten species of warblers - M and F Golden-winged, No.
Parula, Chestnut-sided, M and F Blackburnian, Yellow-throated, two
Bay-breasted, M and F Black-and-white, American Redstart, Ovenbird, and M
and F Hooded. Also seen were a female Ruby-throated Hummingbird, E.
Wood-Pewee, several Swainson Thrushes, several Red-eyed Vireos, M and F
Summer Tanagers, and a female Scarlet Tanager. We were excited to refind the
Carolina Chickadee that has been spotted a few other times since late last
Spring at Pinecraft. Sarasota is south of the usual range for this species.

Susan Daughtrey

Englewood, Charlotte County