Good Evening Florida Birdesr. Thanks to the birder from Daytona for letting
me know I am posting. I will be in Florida on October 9-13, along the coast
from Jacksonville down to Ft. Lauderdale before turning inland to heading up
to Orlando. I have been birding for almost forty years so my list is pretty
extensive and Florida is the last area I have to possiblity to pick-up several
U.S. lifers. I will be looking for the following: Smooth-billed Ani, Snail Kite,
Limpkin, Short-tailed Hawk, Muscovey, Shiny Cowbird, Monk Parakeet and
White-winged Parakeet (are there any other Parrot/Parakeets that count?) Is
Spot-breasted Oriole or Mangrove Cuckoo possibilites? Any help that any of
you could provide me would be greatly appreciated. If anyone would like to
provide a phone number that would also be greatly appreciated. I will have the
ABA/Lane field guide with me. Thank you, Mark