Florida Birders,

This is a request for information on good birding locations in S. FL.

I have the great fortune to have to be in the Miami area for a professional conference in early October.  I have tacked on some time before the conference to do some Florida birding.  I will be birding October 1-5.  I have already planned an itinerary of sorts.  One day birding my way from Miami to Key West.  One day on the Dry Tortugas trip.  One day birding back to Homestead.  One day birding out to Flamingo.  One day to bird more glades or somewhere else where there is something worth seeing.

I could use some advice.  Below is a list of target birds.  I realize some are already enjoying their winter vacations down south.  But of those still in So FL, are there some places I can maximize my chance of seeing these?  They would all be lifers of course.  Is there some place I should go that is not yet on my itinerary?  Are there particular places on/along my itinerary that are good birding spot? Any advice, suggestions, etc. is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Starrett

***********

Great White Heron