This morning in Eastpoint, Florida I banded an adult male Broad-billed hummingbird at the home of Sheila Klink.  The bird was back defending its feeder minutes after Sheila released the bird.  This is very early for this species, the others were banded in late December or early January so we don't know how long the bird may hang around.  The other two birds remained at the host's home all winter but these early migrants usually only hang around a few days.  Visitors are welcome to come and view the bird and don't need to call before hand.

The bird is located at 20 8th street in Eastpoint.  From highway 98 turn north on 8th street and it is the 4th house on the right.  The bird is hanging out at the two feeders on the shed behind the house.

I have posted some photos of the bird at: http://www.pbase.com/fdietrich/klink

Fred Dietrich
Tallahassee, FL
850 591-7430