We are celebrating Gator Amateur Radio Club week with a pizza party and
presentations about amateur radio!

Join us on Friday Oct. 28th from 11am to 2pm as we meet at Larsen 234 as
follows

*        At 11am, our new GARC Faculty Co-Advisor Dr. Robert Moore and his
research team of grad assistants will present a discussion on a research
area of interest, "HF Radio Sounding of the Ionosphere".

*        At noon we will hold a club meeting and hear about our new
achievement, earning the 5 Band DXCC award (100 countries spoken to on 3.5
MHz, 7 MHz, 14 MHz, 21 MHz and 28 MHz). Pizza will be served.

*        At 1pm we will hear about "Digital Ham Radio Repeaters on the
VHF/UHF bands, a Primer on D-Star".  I am sure many of our computer hardware
and software engineers will be excited about this presentation.

I look forward to seeing you on Friday.  Please spread the word and invite
friends from SSDC, BEC, etc!

73, Dr. Jay Garlitz, AA4FL

GARC Faculty Co-Advisor and W4DFU trustee

follow instructions located at:   http://gatorradio.org/listserv.html
http://GatorRadio.org  W4DFU Gator Amateur Radio Club (352)846-0239