We are celebrating Gator Amateur Radio Club week with a pizza party and presentations about amateur radio!

Join us on Friday Oct. 28th from 11am to 2pm as we meet at Larsen 234 as follows

·        At 11am, our new GARC Faculty Co-Advisor Dr. Robert Moore and his research team of grad assistants will present a discussion on a research area of interest, "HF Radio Sounding of the Ionosphere".

·        At noon we will hold a club meeting and hear about our new achievement, earning the 5 Band DXCC award (100 countries spoken to on 3.5 MHz, 7 MHz, 14 MHz, 21 MHz and 28 MHz). Pizza will be served.

·        At 1pm we will hear about "Digital Ham Radio Repeaters on the VHF/UHF bands, a Primer on D-Star".  I am sure many of our computer hardware and software engineers will be excited about this presentation.

I look forward to seeing you on Friday.  Please spread the word and invite friends from SSDC, BEC, etc!

73, Dr. Jay Garlitz, AA4FL

GARC Faculty Co-Advisor and W4DFU trustee