From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lara Dick
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 12:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tutoring Scam

All,

Please note the following information about a private tutoring scam.  One
of our tutors (along with her mother) feel for this and lost $3800.  She
originally heard about the "need" through a campus Math & CS Listserve.  I
have not seen the original e-mail, but evidently this is cycling through
different colleges and universities.

http://parents.berkeley.edu/recommend/tutors/scam.html

Lara K Dick
Learning Center Assistant Director