Dear Colleagues,
  This is an interesting as well as eternal question to be answered by learning / tutoring centers' staff.  I do agree that student satisfaction holds a high place in the answer.

Nevertheless, our center uses AccuTrack, which has great capabilities; however, the stats reported indicate the number of appointments scheduled and then the number of sign-ins for an actual appointment.  The data does not provide for the students who forget to sign in but do receive tutoring nor for the no-shows for scheduled appointments.

My question is how do you accurately "count" the number of students actually using your services?  Are you using the number of appointments scheduled (which can be misleading) or those appointments actually kept to get the percentage of total student population usage?

Unfortunately, this data analysis is not a perfect science, but we want to get as close to the "real" percentage as possible.

Thanks for your responses,
Christine

Christine T. Flax

Director, The Academic Link Tutoring Center and PASS Mentoring

Assistant Professor, Developmental Studies

Stevenson University

100 Campus Circle, CAVES 249

Owings Mills, MD 21117-7803

443-394-9308