FYI (Please note the change in the submission deadline), --M

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: inas.ny2011 <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 4:09 AM
Subject: Analytical Sociology Call for Papers -- June 8-9, 2012 -- Flyer & Info

Dear colleagues,
following our announcement of the Analytical Sociology conference that
will be held in New York on June 8-9, 2012, we are now sending you
some additional information and a flyer we invite you to circulate
among your colleagues and students.
A growing number of scholars in recent years have identified
themselves with the Analytical Sociology approach to social
explanation, motivated by a common interest in the study of the social
mechanisms and micro-dynamics that bring about macro-outcomes of
sociological relevance. We invite submissions from any substantive
area, encouraging papers that engage empirical problems as well as
theoretical contributions. We believe that sociology is at its best
when theoretical explanations encounter data to solve real world
puzzles.
This is the 5th Analytical Sociology conference, and the first that
will be hold in the US. The previous four conferences took place in
Europe (Oxford, Turin, Barcelona, and Paris) and saw the participation
of a lively group of sociologists interested in a variety of subjects
and methodologies, who shared the common goal of pursuing explanations
based on social mechanisms. We hope to continue this tradition,
recreating the same productive atmosphere as well as offering an
opportunity of encounter to likeminded scholars from both sides of the
Ocean. This, we believe, will move the analytical sociology agenda
forward on substantive and theoretical grounds.
Submissions must be sent to [log in to unmask] by 4/2/2012 and
include the following information:

(a)  title of the paper

(b)  author(s)’s name, affiliation, and email address

(c)  long abstract (min 500 – max 1000 words)

(d)  short bibliography

We look forward to seeing you in New York,
sincerely,
The organizers: Delia Baldassarri, Peter Bearman, Peter Hedstrom, and
Gianluca Manzo.