Hi Evgenia

You might consider Survey Monkey.
We have used that in our biannual research surveys that include survey
attribute items as well as social network contact information.
We usually have less than 100 respondents but it can handle far more.
The 'Professional' subscription at $20/month allows 1000 responses.
I don't do the survey design and can't speak directly to its general
feature set as I basically inherit the results which I import into SPSS.
Once the data is imported into SPSS I segregate the social network data
and can easily create n x n matrices for degree of contact based on the
available responses.
I know there are other products out there but this has worked well for us.

Roy

On 11/18/2011 1:28 PM, Evgenia Dolgova wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Is there software suitable for longitudinal social network data
> collection? I am looking for an online survey instrument that could:
>
> -handle around 650 respondents (complete network design)
>
> -collect both social network questions and traditional survey items
> (actor attribute data)
>
> -enable directory search and name selection
>
> -be easy on the respondents  - would be really great if the  tool
> could transfer the selection of alters from one wave to the next one
> for re-assessment (so that the selection of names that has been done
> by participants in wave 1 reappears in wave 2).
>
> Would be grateful for any suggestions! Thanks, and have a nice weekend!
>
> Evgenia Dolgova
>
> Rotterdam School of Management
>
> Erasmus University

> Disclaimer
> De informatie verzonden in dit e-mail bericht inclusief de bijlage(n)
> is vertrouwelijk en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde van
> dit bericht. Lees verder: http://www.eur.nl/email-disclaimer.
>
> The information in this e-mail message is confidential and may be
> legally privileged. Read more:
> http://www.eur.nl/english/email-disclaimer.

Roy Money  M.S.
Programmer Analyst