Dear Colleague,

We would like to invite you to submit paper to the Computational Approaches
to Social Modeling workshop ( http://chasm.ws ), to be held in Omaha,
Nebraska, USA, on June 4-6, 2012, in conjunction with the 2012
International Conference on Computational Sciences (
http://www.iccs-meeting.org )

Thank you for forwarding this information to those potentially interested
in making a submission.

Sincerely,

Bruno Gonçalves
Nicola Perra

CALL FOR PAPERS
Computational Approaches to Social Modeling 2012
Omaha, Nebrasca
June 4-6, 2012
http://www.chasm.ws

Modern life is infused with a myriad of gadgets and new technologies that
are quickly becoming online extensions of our offline lives. How we
interact with others, where we are and where we go are all facets that are
increasingly captured with ever greater detail by our online tools and
gadgets.The digital traces constantly produced by these tools create
hitherto unseen possibilities for the study of human behavior, but also
pose their own challenges. The avalanche of data we are witnessing demands
new tools and concepts to be analyzed and the new problems that are within
our reach demand new algorithms and models to be developed.

This workshop aims to bring together practitioners of both computer science
and social science so that both may better understand the challenges faced
by each other and how best they may collaborate to overcome them.

Topics of Interest:

* Measures, metrics in characterization of Social Networks
* Social Media
* Human mobility, models and data
* Epidemic Modeling
* Social and Behavioral Changes
* Dynamics and Evolution of Social Systems
* Computational Social Science
* Human Dynamics
* Prediction and Prediction Markets (Wisdom of Crowds)
* Collective Behavior
* Voter Behavior
* Social Movements
* Analysis of Proxy Data

Important Dates:

* Paper submission: Jan 16, 2012
* Notification of Acceptance: Feb 9, 2012
* Camera Ready: March 1, 2012

Organizers:

* Bruno Gonçalves
* Nicola Perra

Program Committee (Alphabetically):

* Alain Barrat (CNRS, France)
* Francesco Bonchi (Yahoo! Research Barcelona, Spain)
* Carlos Castillo-Ocaranza (Yahoo! Research Barcelona, Spain)
* Ciro Cattuto (ISI Foundation, Torino, Italy)
* Alessandro Flammini (Indiana University, USA)
* Filippo Menczer (Indiana University, USA)
* Panagiotis Metaxas (Wellesley College, USA)
* Jose Ramasco (Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain)
* Alessandro Vespignani (Northeastern University, USA)
* Eiko Yoneki (Cambridge University, UK)

Bruno Miguel Tavares Gonçalves, PhD
Associate Research Scientist
Northeastern University
360 Huntington Avenue