Yesterday morning I went to Merritt Island.  I haven't been there since
August, and I wanted see what's new.  I didn't see anything terribly
wonderful there, though the Northern Harrier were there in force, as were
Pied-billed Grebe, American Coot and Dunlin.  It was a cold and windy day,
so when I made it to the area where the restrooms are, I decided to walk
the trails.  I normally don't walk the trails there because the mosquitoes
are so bad, but with all the wind I decided to brave it.  There were many
Osprey there fishing, as well as a Reddish Egret trying to keep warm.  I
was also pleased to find 3 Hooded Mergansers, one male and two females.
 One the way home, I dropped by the Titusvill bridge to see what was there.
 I saw many Ruddy Turnstone, a Sanderling and a Dunlin that I was able to
photograph up close.  I also found an assortment of Ring-Billed and
Laughing Gulls.  If you would like to see photos and a fuller description
of the morning, see
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2011/11/merritt-island-nwr-1152011.html

Here's a list of the birds I saw between about 8:00am and 11:30am on the
reserve:

Blue-winged Teal X
Hooded Merganser 3
Pied-billed Grebe X