My group has been doing some work in this area.

In particular, see the following papers:

 	http://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/~porterm/papers/fenn-pca_pub.pdf

 	http://arxiv.org/abs/0905.4912

 	http://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/~porterm/papers/fenn_fx_short.pdf

Also, though not networks per se, we also have a survey article on limit
order books [and are planning on doing networky stuff with such data]:

 	http://arxiv.org/abs/1012.0349

And if you look in, say, a couple of months, there should be another paper
on limit order books on my website.  (Well, let me be optimistic about
when we will be ready to post the paper, even though it always takes
longer than I think it will to finish...)

-----
Mason

  Mason A. Porter
  University Lecturer (and Tutorial Fellow, Somerville College)
  Oxford Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
  Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford

  Homepage: http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/~porterm, IM: tepid451
  Blog: http://masonporter.blogspot.com/