Hi Jamie

Jeff Johnson and Chris McCarty's syllabus is posted on
http://qualquant.org/methodsmall/scrm/network/

I only have one week on SN in my grad Ethnographic Field Methods class,
but I use a few things that might be relevant:

We read Trotter's piece in Schensul & LeCompte's 1999 Ethnogropher's
Toolkit on Mapping Social Networks etc. It is quite accessible.

Jeff Johnson and David Griffith have a nice new piece in Vaccaro, Smith,
and Aswani's 2010 Environmental Social Sciences: Methods and Research
Design.

I always assign Schweizer, T. (1997) Embeddedness of Ethnographic Cases:
A Social Networks Perspective. Current Anthropology. 38 (5): 739-760.
Great, classic stuff.

Hope that helps -
Amber

Amber Wutich, Ph.D.