Christina Prell and her colleagues have done work on stakeholders in
natural resources contexts using mixed methods.

Some useful references include:

Bodin, Írjan and Christina Prell (editors). 2011. /Social Networks and
Natural Resource Management: Uncovering the Social Fabric of
Environmental Governance./ Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.

Prell, C., K. Hubacek, and M. Reed. (2009). Stakeholder analysis and
social network analysis in natural resource management. /Society and
Natural Resources/, 22, 501 - 518.

Hubacek, K., C. Prell, M. Reed, D. Boys, A. Bonn, and C. Dean. (2006).
Using stakeholder and social network analysis to support participatory
processes. The International Journal of Biodiversity Science and
Management, 2, 249-252.

Also, Silvia Dominguez, Betina Hollstein and their colleagues have
written a variety of things describing qualitative approaches to network
analysis.

You might review some of these.

Cheers,

DBT