Some canonical review articles on networks and organizations:
* Daniel J. Brass, Joseph Galaskiewicz, Henrich R. Greve and Wenpin
Tsai. "Taking Stock of Networks and Organizations: A Multilevel
Perspective." http://www.jstor.org/pss/20159624* Keith G. Provan, Amy
Fish, and Joerg Sydow. "Interorganizational Networks at the Network
Level: A Review of the Empirical Literature on Whole Networks."
http://jom.sagepub.com/content/33/3/479.short* Stephen Borgatti &
Pacey Foster. “The network paradigm in organizational research: A
review and typology.” http://jom.sagepub.com/content/29/6/991.short*
Nancy Katz, David Lazer, Holly Arrow, Noshir Contractor. "Network
Theory and Small Groups"
http://sgr.sagepub.com/content/35/3/307.short* Duncan Watts. "The
'new' science of networks." http://www.jstor.org/pss/29737693* Stephen
Borgatti & Daniel Halgin. "On Network Theory."
http://orgsci.journal.informs.org/content/22/5/1168.abstract (This is
the most recent and up-to-date article)
The Kilduff and Monge & Contractor books are also must-read reviews.

--
Brian C. Keegan
Ph.D. Student - Media, Technology, & Society

Science of Networks in Communities, Laboratory for Collaborative Technology