***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.
Please consider submitting a paper for SocialComNet 2012 workshop below.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
[SocialComNet 2012 Call for Papers]
The 2012 International Workshop on
Social Computing, Network, and Services (SocialComNet 2012)
June 26-28, 2012, Vancouver, Canada
In Conjunction with FutureTech 2012
Recently, social computing and networking has been driving dramatic evolution in the way people communicate and interact with each other, attracting great attention from the research community as well as the business world.
Social computing not only includes Web 2.0 elements such as blogs, twitter, and wikis, etc, but also stands for a collection of the technologies that gather, process, compute, and visualize social information and the studies that model and analyze dynamics of participants in social networks.
With the advent of the social computing era, SocialComNet-2012 aims at reporting the most recent progresses, trends, and concerns in this rapidly growing area.
This workshop will provide a forum for participants from the computing and social science communities and publish state-of-art research papers.
Furthermore, we expect that the workshop and its publications will trigger related research and technology innovation in this important subject.
- Social Computing Theories
- Data Mining and Machine Learning for Social Computing
- Information Retrieval for Social Computing
- Artificial Intelligence for Social Computing
- Social Behavior Modeling
- Social Intelligence and Cognition
- Collaborative and Multi-Agent Systems for Social Computing
- Information Diffusion in Social Networks
- Peer-to-Peer System
- Cloud computing for Social Computing
- Grid, Cluster, and Internet Computing
- Semantic Web Technologies and Their Applications for Social Network
- Context-Awareness and Context Sharing
- Search and Discovery Techniques for Social Network
- RFID and Internet of Things
- Human Computer Interactions
- Smart Object, Space/Environment & System
- Social Network and Smart-phone Services
- Ubiquitous Sensing with Inputs from Social Sensors
- Location Aware Services for Social Network
- Social Computing and Entertainment
- E-Learning, Edutainment, and Infotainment in Social Network
- Social Computing for E-Commerce and E-Society, etc
- Video Distribution (IPTV, VoD) in Social Network
- Developing and Managing Web2.0 Services
- Use of Social Networks for Marketing
- Web Page Ranking Informed by Social Media
- Collaborative Filtering
- Social Recommender Systems
- Social System Design and Architectures
- Social Media Business Models
- Social Computing Services and Case Studies
- Privacy and Security Issues in Social Networks
- Social and Ethical Issues of Networked World
Submission Deadline : Jan. 15, 2012
Authors Notification: Feb. 15, 2012
Camera Ready Upload Deadline: Mar. 15, 2012
Author Registration Deadline: Mar. 15, 2012
Paper Submission and Proceeding
Papers must strictly adhere to page limits as follows.
- Full Paper: 8 pages (Max 2 extra pages allowed at additional cost)
- Regular Paper: 6 pages (Max 2 extra pages allowed at additional cost)
- Poster Paper: 2 pages (FTRA Publishing Proceeding with ISBN)
Papers exceeding the page limits will be rejected without review.
SocialComNet-2012¡¯s submission web site: http://www.editorialsystem.net/socialcomnet2012
All accepted papers will bepublished in the Springer CCIS proceedings (EI and ISTP), which will be indexed by the following services: EI Compendex(Since 2010), ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S), included in ISI Web of Science, DBLP and Scopus.
Instructions for papers in the Springer's CCIS£¨Note that the paper format of CCIS is the same as that of LNCS£©
- Prepare your paper in the exact format as the sample paper for CCIS. Failure to do so may result in the exclusion of your paper from the proceedings. Please read the authors' instructions carefully before preparing your papers.
- Springer accepts both Microsoft Word and LaTex format in the Lecture Note Series. However, FTRA does not accept the use of LaTex. Therefore, you should use the Microsoft Word instead of using LaTex (The paper will be excluded from the proceeding if you use LaTex). Springer provides the relevant templates and sample files for both PC (sv-lncs.dot) and Mac (sv-lncs) environments.
- Please download word.zip (http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/word.zip?SGWID=0-0-45-72919-0). If you need more help on preparing your papers, please visit Springer's LNCS web page (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-0-0-0).
In addition, distinguished papers accepted and presented in SocialComNet-2012 will be recommended to the following international journals:
1. The Journal of Supercomputing (JoS) - Springer (SCI)
2. Wireless Personal Communications - Springer (SCIE)
3. Journal of Personal and Ubiquitous Computing - Springer (SCIE)
4. Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications - Springer (SCIE)
5. Human-Centric Computing and Information Science (HCIS) - Springer
6. International Journal of Information Technology, Communications and Convergence (IJITCC) - Inderscience
7. International Journal of Autonomous and Adaptive Communications Systems (IJAACS) - Inderscience
8. Journal of Convergence (JoC) - FTRA Publishing
James J. (Jong Hyuk) Park, SeoulTech, Korea
Dion Goh, Nanyang Technological Univ., Singapore
Kae Won Choi, SeoulTech, Korea
Nasrullah Memon, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
If you have any questions about the CFPs and papers submission, please email to Prof. James J. (Jong Hyuk) Park ([log in to unmask]) or Prof. Kae Won Choi ([log in to unmask]).