Sorry for spam, but formatting and links got botched on last message.

Some canonical review articles on networks and organizations:

* Daniel J. Brass, Joseph Galaskiewicz, Henrich R. Greve and Wenpin Tsai.
"Taking Stock of Networks and Organizations: A Multilevel Perspective."
http://www.jstor.org/pss/20159624

* Keith G. Provan, Amy Fish, and Joerg Sydow. "Interorganizational Networks
at the Network Level: A Review of the Empirical Literature on Whole
Networks." http://jom.sagepub.com/content/33/3/479.short

* Stephen Borgatti & Pacey Foster. “The network paradigm in organizational
research: A review and typology.”
http://jom.sagepub.com/content/29/6/991.short

* Nancy Katz, David Lazer, Holly Arrow, Noshir Contractor. "Network Theory
and Small Groups" http://sgr.sagepub.com/content/35/3/307.short

* Duncan Watts. "The 'new' science of networks."
http://www.jstor.org/pss/29737693

* Stephen Borgatti & Daniel Halgin. "On Network Theory."
http://orgsci.journal.informs.org/content/22/5/1168.abstract

The Kilduff and Monge & Contractor books are also must-read reviews.

Technology