January 24, 2012

Sent by the Graduate School on behalf of the Office of Research Communications

***********

Are the rigors of data analysis jamming up your creative chi?

Are you rethinking your career choice as the time to defend your thesis draws nigh?

Perhaps it’s time to try your hand at science writing. With a bit of practice, you can

learn to translate geek speak into lively, informative prose that magazine editors would love to print.

Science writers are in demand – especially writers with subject matter expertise. But writing about science for a general audience takes practice, and you need the thoughtful guidance of an experienced editor to make your stories shine.

The Office of Research Communications is looking for a team of would-be science writers to create informative and entertaining content for our soon-to-be blog. You bring the content, and we’ll help you shape it into something that a lay audience will enjoy reading with their morning coffee.

Here is your chance to sit back and let your left-brain do the driving. Let those creative juices flow and pick up a new skill set that can pay big dividends in the future. Photography and rudimentary video production skills are a plus.

Email Donna Hesterman ([log in to unmask]) for more information.

Office of Research Communications

http://graduateschool.ufl.edu