From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Constanze Adolf
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Women Networks and network management at international level

Dear Colleagues,

I do not think that it is too late to send you all my best wishes for a
healthy, happy and successful New Year! May 2012 be a grand cru which taste
we will remember for a long time.

I finished my PhD on informal decision making processes of members of the
European Parliament in 2010. From this qualitative network analysis - sorry
only in German - emerged the question if women build and maintain different
networks than men.
I would be very interested in your findings on this subject, specifically
when it comes to politics.

A second question is a practical one: I would be very much interested in
your experience on effective and efficient network management of
international NGOs. We know a lot about structures but is there in your
opinion a "secret" behind successful networks in terms of processes,
management, 'rules', etc?

Thanks a lot! i am looking forward to getting your comments and
inspirations.

Best

Constanze

My PhD: Adolf, Constanze (2010): Vernetzte Entgrenzung - Europaabgeordnete
zwischen regionalen Interessen, transnationalen Parteistrukturen und
europapolitischen Prozessen. Europäischer Universitätsverlag Berlin · Bochum
· Dülmen · London · Paris