Dear SOCNET members,

I am currently trying to locate work on social networks that is grounded in
organization theory. I searched the SOCNET archive and found Doug's request
from 2002 (see below). However, there weren't a lot of answers and only few
references were provided. Therefore, I wanted to pick this up again. Are you
aware of any literature other than the reference given below?

This is my best hit so far (Kilduff & Brass, 2010, p. 343):

"There have also been innovative syntheses between the organizational social
network research program and organization theories including contingency
theory (e.g., Barley, 1990; Hansen, 1999), resource-dependence ideas
concerning organizational reliance on a pattern of interconnectedness among
organizations (e.g., Powell et al., 1996), and population ecology ideas
concerning interactions within and among organizational populations (e.g.,
Baum & Singh, 1994)."

Regards from Germany,

David