Hello all,

We are looking to expand our ranks in computational social science here at the University of Maryland. The Department of Sociology is currently advertising for two such posts (see web link below), and both of these posts are linked to collaborative ties with the larger social science community at the University. An emphasis on SOCIAL NETWORKS is definitely preferable, as well as anyone dealing with the topic of THE ENVIRONMENT. Here is a link to the advertisement below:

http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/aboutus/jobpostings.html

I shall be attending Sunbelt this year, and I will happily speak to anyone interested in applying for the post. Best, Christina

Christina Prell, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
http://www.bsos.umd.edu/socy/people/cprell.html

TWO BOOKS ON SOCIAL NETWORKS:

Social network analysis: History, Theory, and Methodology
http://www.sagepub.com/books/Book231856?siteId=sage-us&prodTypes=any&q=prell&pageTitle=productsSearch

Social networks and natural resource management
http://www.amazon.com/Networks-Natural-Resource-Management-ebook/dp/B005CFCZN8/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2