I'm teaching in Miami this evening so I decided to spend the night at a
friends house in Palm Beach County before to shorten my drive.  My friend
lives a 15 minute drive from the Loxahatchee NWR, so I decided to go visit
there this morning before work.  I only spent an hour there, but I was able
to find about 40 species of birds.  I was hoping to see something I
wouldn't see in Central Florida, and that didn't happen, but I did get to
see a Purple Gallinule, a couple Green-winged Teal and a Northern Harrier.

You can find photos and a fuller list of species seen at Loxahatchee at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2012/01/arthur-r-marshall-loxahatchee-nwr.html.
 Not a bad way to spend an hour.

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL